Sunday, June 17, 2018

Father’s Day





On June 11 it was the 25th anniversary the passing away of my father so you can imagine how tough it is every year for father’s day. I am sure that I am not the only one. I am sure many are thinking about their father on this day that is not here any longer.

The unfortunate thing when we have struggles a lot of them go straight back to our relationship with our father’s. My dad was not perfect by any means however I have to say that I am blessed to have him as my father. He wasn’t a big fan of baseball but he took me to some games along with being the coach of my little league team one year. In fact some of the other guys on the team still think of my dad being our best coach. The importance was that he was interested enough to take his time out to be involved in our activities.

I know that I miss my dad each and every day. I am sure most of you whose dad is no longer around feel the same thing. If there isn’t a greater purpose in life than being a father I don’t know of any. The problem is that often father’s take other purposes over that of their children which is a shame. I am not sure why that is but the world would be a much better place if fathers took their responsibility to the highest level. If you are a father not only enjoy this day take the time to be with your children. If your relationship isn’t in a good place at least take the time and call your children remember time is short and we don’t know how long any of us have left. May be you have been far from being the best father but that can actually change today. Ask your children for your forgiveness and that you want to be in their lives. This is really important especially if your children have children of their own. You can make up for the past by being in the present. Remember being a father is highest calling and purpose you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment