Monday, June 18, 2018

Good Morning!


While I was walking Sunday morning before going to church a man that was standing by his car said going morning to me. I didn’t really see him until he said good morning.

I thought it was such a good thing for him to say. We all need to say good morning or hello or hi to whomever we see. I know that I felt so good that this man said good morning. It lifted up my spirits even though we didn’t talk any further. I don’t know where he lives or anything like that either. I don’t recall ever seeing him before.

On my way back from the walk I looked over to see if he and his car were still there. Not at all he moved on wherever his next distention. I do hope that sometime I will be able to see him again or he will remind me by saying good morning again.

In some respects saying good morning or hello is not a big deal however it really is. I believe we all feel significant when someone sees us and is willing to say something to us. It is though we have importance in this life.

I have said good morning or hello to some people in the past and didn’t get a response. I am not really sure the reason why. It could be that they have issues in their life or not really listening at the time.

In my deal with this man I really wasn’t paying attention because not often anyone is walking along this road. He made such important statement to me though I wasn’t listening very well I did hear enough that I responded back telling him good morning as well. I am sure he was glad to hear the words too. I wish that I had stopped to ask him how his day is going and what plans he had for the day. I didn’t do that however I did acknowledge his presence which is a good thing. I figure that I learned enough from this experience that next time I will stop and find out how the person is doing. Who knows I may have been able to use my purpose in a greater way. This was a test that I passed but likely didn’t get an A which I hope for next time or at least a B. We all need to be ready to response to others regardless what is happening or not in our lives at the time. Also it doesn’t matter the time of day either. Today I will keep my eyes open and ears more alert to meet a person that could make a change in my life and hopefully theirs too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment