Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Motivation


Often it takes motivation to get where we should go.  Sometimes we feel that we should be doing something but the motivation gets us there.

Though I knew that I was supposed to write this blog it took me almost a month to get the motivation to get started. A person who makes a decision to do something and does it right off the bat is a rare breed in my mind anyway.

An example is going on a diet to lose weight. It can take time to get motivated to start. The motivation usually happens because of health scare or you are now tired of seeing how you look. I am amazed where I see some customers at the coffee shop I attend buy a breakfast burrito every time they go in along with their coffee. Every once in a while it is OK to have a burrito but every day or so is unbelievable. They must be hooked on them. I have had people tell me that they really like them. I tried the burrito once and I was not impressed so not another one for me. They have breakfast sandwiches as well which I think taste better but my stomach doesn’t like them along with not being very healthy either. Those two items I am not motivated for eating but the opposite of not having one.
Right now I am working on my diet. I have set up a diary or journal or whatever you want to call it writing down the weight I am in the morning and then putting the time along with what I have eaten. I figure this will help motivate me to stay on the diet. Also it will allow me to see what I have been eating and the success or lack of it. Another thing it will do is tell me what I have eaten that I probably shouldn’t be at least on a regular basis. For example if I eat a dessert like a piece of pie or cake then I will wait for a couple weeks or so before having another one if I choose to do so. I don’t think we have to cut things out all the time unless told otherwise by a doctor. I hope to be able to fast at least once a week as well or go without eating for ten to fifteen hours. My thought is if I have dinner at 6 pm I won’t eat breakfast until 6 am or later.

Another way to look at things we need discipline to go along with motivation. So whatever you need to do right now with motivation best to you I hope that you will succeed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment