Thursday, June 21, 2018

School’s Out




On Wednesday I was again at my favorite coffee shop with a bigger crowd. It was obvious that school is now out. Actually it was the first day here that school is out for the summer.

Being out of school for the summer seems to get shorter every year. I am sure some if not all parents thought where did the school year go by? This year the kids have only nine weeks to have fun and play. I remember it being twelve weeks. I am wondering if it will get shorter and shorter every year where school will be all year round. Of course school will be the same amount of days but they will have more breaks during the year. Using our mathematical skills a week off every month would turn it into all year school. If you are like me who didn’t like school that much being around all year long would be not that much fun. Also it would mean that there wouldn’t be any camps around for kids go to either. I enjoyed going to camp. It wouldn’t work so well for high school students who work during the summer either.

I look forward to hearing what the kids will do for the summer. I am sure some will go on long trips to visit relatives in another state or go to a foreign country. Although they will have fun it will be a learning experience as well. Other words you don’t have to be in school to learn. In fact these days with the internet we can all learn something all the time. We all know now that information comes out pretty fast these days.

I don’t really have plans to go anywhere this summer since I had my major trip in May to British Columbia seeing my cousins. I figure to take some trips in the area that will only be for a few hours. I will take my camera with me as well. Something I want to do for the summer is getting better at taking pictures that I can share on line. We can all use self-improvement in skill areas. Getting out will give me more things to write about as well.

Kids might be out for the summer however I hope to learn more during this time by observing others and talking with some as well. Education is an ongoing tool even when you are not in school. Actually life is an ongoing tool if you think about it along with being an adventure. We can learn in the summer to use all year long. Let’s do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment