Sunday, August 5, 2018

A Leader




I have heard on several occasions primarily in sermons that we are all leaders even if the only person we lead is ourselves.

I know that some people don’t want to be leaders or they felt never could be one. I am one that felt that I could never be a leader however I have over time realized that isn’t true.

A leader may have another name like mentor or supervisor; if you are in charge of a group than you are a leader. I believe to that you are living out your purpose in life than you are a leader as well.

In the United States often people have trouble being a follower. Being a team player is hard to do. I believe it has to do with an independent spirit. It all goes back to the founding of the country. Many people are immigrants or their parents, or grandparent or even further back than that depending on how long their family has lived in the United States. Most came to the country because of how they were treated whether it had to do with religion or something else.

In the Bible it talks about the husband being the ruler or leader of his home. Over many years that function has been misused or abused. Also talks about women to be submissive to their husband. Another problem because of the misuse or abuse of submission; a husband or any leader should not rule with what I would call an iron fist. The Bible mentions to that the husband should love his wife as well. Sometimes I believe husbands forget this part. I think that some husbands believe in the wrong manner what being submissive by their wife. It doesn’t mean that you have the right to tell her what she has to do and talk negative about her. A husband and a wife are equals just someone has to be in charge or be the leader just like in a group, team, business or home. Things go much better when the leader or husband treats with respect or love. I have heard something else several times and that is a happy wife is a happy life; very profound and true at the same time.

At the same time a husband should not disrespect his wife it goes the other way as well. It is important that the wife doesn’t put down her husband either. My opinion a wife that submits to her husband and a husband that loves his wife everything should go well most of the time. Of course there will be times when they disagree but in the end they should come to an agreeable understanding.

So my advice to a leader is to treat those under you the same way that you want to be treated. Things will be done and completed in good fashion if done correctly. As a leader a function of the job if you want to call it that is to bring vision. I hope this helps everyone out.




No comments:

Post a Comment