Monday, September 24, 2018

Being a Friend




I really enjoy hearing others stories whether I ministering, mentoring, a friend or someone I just met. The thing about it is we are all going through stuff. Not everything is good and it is nice to know that you are not going alone on your own.

Whether we are married or single with family or not there are always issues in the way. Often it has to do with how we grew up. We see things through the filter of our childhood. This can be either good or bad or something in between. I would say that many of us have lived in the between because good things and bad things have happened to us all. Often we let the bad things shape our lives. All things go how we deal with them. We don’t always do well with it and goes into our relationships when we get older.

The most important thing though is how will we deal with those things we have gone through. Do we let them dominate our lives or not. We have to realize that the past is what it truly is. Listening to others makes me feel more that I am not alone.

We may not feel loved by others however we are loved by the Almighty God who created us each. We have to decide that we are going to accept his love or not. Often we can become bitter because of our circumstances and life. Let’s release it over to him. I am not saying it is an easy task because it truly isn’t. I am still working through it myself though I do know how important releasing these things are. We will have more peace because of it. So may you be the person you are meant to be today. Amen!




No comments:

Post a Comment