Sunday, December 9, 2018

Interesting People

I am sure I have mentioned a number of times I enjoy meeting people. Everyone is interesting in one way or another.

On Saturday I met a man who I think he is interesting. I am sure he is like most being different than expected by looking at his cover.

His name is Stephen and he is new in the area. He is staying with a friend or he would be homeless. I don’t know much of his story in recent times other than he lost his savings.

Stephen told me he is a retired doctor and pastor. He has a daughter going to college at Portland State University and she is majoring in music. He will be going down to Portland in a few days to spend Christmas with her.

He told me he has written a book and is looking for a publisher. I hope he does well with the book so he can land back on his feet financially. Right now he is living on social security and it is not enough money to live on especially finding a place to rent.

Anyway to say all this is he told me the only reason he is still alive is he has a purpose in life. I told him he is correct and the reason we are all here still because we do have a purpose.

It is so nice to when I talk to someone and they recognize that they have a purpose in life. Not everyone recognizes they have a purpose.


So whenever you have the time to pray do so for Stephen. I am sure he can use all the prayers he can get just like us. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment