Saturday, December 22, 2018

It’s Winter


Besides being the holiday season it is hard to believe winter has just arrived. I thought summer was just here. Time continues to go by so quickly.

Here in western Washington fall left us as a storm. The Tacoma Narrows Bridge next door had winds up to 55 miles per hour. Of course, I didn’t have any reason to go over the bridge. The Hood Canal Bridge about an hour away going north was closed for some of the day because of wind. Many of the ferry rides were canceled as well.

Many people lost electricity throughout the day as trees went down too. My electricity was out for a couple hours or so. I am not sure exactly how long since I was out and about for a couple of hours. Some areas people had power out for at least a day. It is common for us to have high winds just before Christmas.  Not easy for those who do last minute shopping. I guess we should do our shopping as soon as we can.


For many, this time of the year is not easy for different reasons. This is where love and encouragement come in. Everyone should feel special this time of the year. Actually, we should feel special all year long. So tell someone they are special today as we are close to Christmas. Give a hug as well. So from me to you happy holidays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment