Thursday, December 13, 2018

Let It Snow






Right now we are getting a lot of rain in the towns and cities here in Western Washington while the mountains are getting a good bit of snow. Until a few days ago the weather has been sunny and dry. Everyone likes to see the sun most of the time however rain and snow both need to come.

I wish we had some snow like the mountains. I have to say most people except children, of course, would rather have rain so they don’t have to drive in the snow. I don’t have any problem driving in the snow. We do have a lot of hills around here so living on or next to a hill can be difficult to getting starting.

The mountains have been lacking the snow so those who want to ski have been aching to do so. I heard a couple people last week wanting to snow in the mountains so they could go skiing.

This made me think often we don’t agree on things. In some situations, we have to have a mediator to solve the disagreement. It takes a wise person with experience to decide on how to resolve the issue. This brings to mind as well we have mentors too. We want to have changes in our lives and the mentor has a life we would like to have or at least come close to anyway. This can be so rewarding for the one wanting to be mentored and the one mentoring.

 So back to letting it snow. Although I like to have snow here the likelihood of it happening is not great. We usually get snow once or twice a winter and it doesn’t really stay around long. I do remember as a child and young adult we had a lot more snow back in the day. No, I didn’t walk to school for miles in the snow. There was a time I walked home in the snow though however, the distance was a little over a mile. 

So if you live where there is snow you are a blessed person. Throw a snowball just thinking of me in your mind and I say thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment