Saturday, February 9, 2019

Winter Wonderland



As promised on Friday we had some more snow. It actually came about an hour sooner than we were told. The snow came just past noon.

I was at my regular coffee shop hang out. I decided to go to the grocery store to get some more food to have over the weekend.
The traffic was heavy so I waited for a break before going. I heard to the grocery store was overcrowded. It was indeed a lot of people in the store. Lines were long, however, I used the express lane so I only had to wait about 15 minutes to get up to the cash register.

You would have thought the world was going to end with all the people in the store. A lot of people bought bread since they were almost out. I expect the reason was just in case the electricity went out.

If you want to go on a diet this is the time to do it as long as you stay warm. One of the churches in the area was welcoming anyone who needed shelter for warm. What a wonderful service to give.

Right now it looks like I have three to six inches outside my windows. I am going to see if I can get out this morning for a little while. I live right by the freeway so long as I can make it that far I will be OK. The side streets are the real question. Many of them are on hills so be hard to drive up them. So many people will be stuck likely for the weekend at least. We may get more snow on Sunday.


I am sure those living in other areas of the country that get a lot more snow probably think those here are crazy when dealing with snow. Well most of them are more accustomed to snow plus the hills do make it hard to drive. I have the faith things will work out just fine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment