Thursday, March 7, 2019

A Challenge For Us All







Last night I went to church with mother for Ash Wednesday. Besides a program for the service, they had out a card that looks a postcard. The purpose of the card on the back side is to write down what you will give up for the 40 days of Lent.

I have a challenge for us all. Not only what we will give up for Lent like not eating meat or dessert the challenge is to add something as well for these 40 days. I am not saying to add something that will benefit us but to benefit others. I expect whatever we do to benefit others will turn around and benefit us too.


I am sure we all have our ways in benefiting others right now but I challenge us to add another to the list. An idea would be to help a neighbor you might not know that well or a stranger. We might be surprised what will happen for the next 40 days. It could be we will have whatever we gave up ever again and we may continue to do what we have added. Anyway, that is the thought I have this day. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment