Thursday, March 28, 2019

My Home Town


                                                         My home town of Gig Harbor



I have to admit that I am blessed to live where I do. I have lived in Gig Harbor, Washington almost my whole life. Not many other places I would want to live. I hope you feel the same way where you live. I know not everyone has the same feelings.

Gig Harbor isn’t the most perfect place to live because of some of the people; not the place itself.  I feel fortunate that most people I meet are kind. Like any place, you will find those who are not so kind. We just have to be kind in return.

I feel blessed to be in a country that has freedoms. I know not everywhere has the same blessing. There are those who take advantage of the freedoms we have. There are evil people among us. Just yesterday a man in Seattle carjacked shot and killed the driver. He killed another person well as injuring a couple of others.  One of the injured was a bus driver who was able to drive away after being shot to save the lives of his passengers. The mayor of Seattle called him a hero. So it could have been a lot worse. Shootings don’t happen a lot in Seattle but on occasion. It is a large city after all.

Gig Harbor is 35 miles south and west of Seattle so takes about an hour drive to get there depending on traffic. Some people here do work in Seattle. Some drive their cars but many take the bus. It is a good way to relax to and from work. There are jobs here in Gig Harbor, however, many do travel to Seattle and other nearby cities to work.


I do go to Seattle once in a while along with the other cities surrounding Gig Harbor but this is a good place to spend time especially when the weather is since. It is a good place to do my purpose as well. I hope though in the future to do much traveling too. There are a lot of beautiful places and people to see. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment