Friday, March 29, 2019

Opportunity Arises



We have all experience opportunities in our lives that have gone well while other times not so well. In fact, our lives may be different if we handled every opportunity right or even taken advantage of the opportunity. We sometimes just let those times go by.

On Thursday morning a gentlemen came up to me at my favorite coffee shop to say hello because he recognized me from Wednesday night. That night I took my mother to her church for soup night. During Lent, her church has soup every Wednesday night along with a teaching and a short service. This year her church is having a service along with another local church members as well. This gentleman was a member of the other church. Most of the people at the dinner I didn’t recognize even some from my mother’s church.

Anyway, he said that he has seen me in the coffee shop on occasion however decided to say something since he saw me Wednesday night. He usually comes in for his drink then goes on his walk without getting into a conversation. I told him there was someone at the soup night from his church that I grew up with so we talked about her and a few other things as well.


So he took full advantage of the opportunity to meet and know me. I let him know I look forward to seeing him again in the coffee shop well as next Wednesday night. We all need to take advantage of these opportunities than just pass by. Our lives can change for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment