Thursday, April 4, 2019

Getting Around Town




I really enjoy living in a small town like Gig Harbor because you see a lot of the same people all the time whether at the coffee shop, grocery store, or pharmacy. This goes for out walking as well.

What is even more special is when I run into someone from my past once in a while.  Sometimes I hear someone yelling my name then we stop for a conversation for a few minutes depending on how much time each of us has. Yesterday I had that experience with a woman I knew in school. She had some questions on the apartment where I live because she is thinking of moving in. When we departed she said I hope I move in next to you. I am not sure the odds of that but it is a good thought and it would be nice to see her more often although I don’t see those others living nearby that often.

When she left I felt like she made my day at least and I hope she felt the same way as well. This is what our purpose in life is all about making others feel good about themselves even if it is for only a moment. We can all use someone who helps us forget our troubles for a little while or make life so much better. I figure whatever our life is like right now it can always be better don’t you think?


So wherever you go today your purpose can just be saying hello with a smile. We can make a change in someone’s life by being there for them even for a moment. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment