Friday, April 12, 2019

Inspiration



                                                      Willie Mays my boyhood hero





We all have had someone we admired that helped in a way to inspire us to be who we are today. We had a teacher or a mentor that we wanted to be like. Also, this goes for an athlete, or an actor, or whatever field we enjoy. Someone who had similar talents we have.

I grew up a baseball fan along with football and basketball. My favorite baseball player was Willie Mays. He played baseball in a manner that made it look easy. He played center field in a manner where he could run down any fly ball. Also, he hit a lot of home runs.

Living in the Seattle area I had the privilege of watching Ken Griffey, Jr for ten years in a Mariner uniform who had many of the same qualities as Willie Mays.

We have to remember that no one is perfect which includes those who we inspire to be like. In fact, they may have disappointed us by their actions in some manner too. It doesn’t take away what they did that inspired us to be like them. We should look at the qualities that inspired us in the first place.

Though it is important to be me it is good that I learned and wanted to be like different people. I hope I am doing the same for others too. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment