Friday, May 24, 2019

Getting Older


I am sure there are those who wonder getting older they will have no purpose in life.  It surely will feel that way when you are ill but I think we can still contribute a lot anyway.

I am getting older but I consider at least another five to ten years before I would call myself old. I may feel even later than that.

If you remember Art Linkletter on TV; he even wrote a book “Old Age isn’t for sissies”. He felt a person could a lot even in their 90s.  He passed away at 97 years old.

I find that people stereotype older people especially those in their 90s. I know it is a case for my mother who is 98 and later this year turns 99. I wouldn’t get into details, however, some may feel isn’t doing well because she doesn’t talk a lot. She told me she doesn’t have a lot to say. She doesn’t always remember what today is but how many do. I know that on occasion I have to think about it myself. Her mind is still sound. I know because of what she says about the past and she still knows my name. I would be more concerned if she couldn’t remember my name.

Anyway, whether it is my writing or encouragement in other ways I can still have a good life even if I reach my mother’s age now.

Whatever age you right now remember you will get older but you can still have an effective life especially you take care of yourself. I will let you know the closer I get to it.

So enjoy today as you have it because none of us know whether we will have tomorrow. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment