Saturday, May 25, 2019

Memorial Day Weekend





Here in the United States, we celebrate Memorial Day the last Monday of May.

The reason is to remember those who died in battle whether domestic or on foreign land. Also, many citizens remember their loved ones who have passed away as well.

I especially remember my brother Dick and my father who died a year apart. Also, my cousin Pete and brother-in-law Bob who both died nine years ago this year in a few months as well; I can’t forget my grandparents either.  I can remember other ancestors as well who I never knew.  It has been a little over two years since losing my cousin Bronwen to cancer. Her parents passed away some time ago as well.

I am so fortunate to still have my mother because she is the only one left in her generation.

Whether you live in the United States or elsewhere I hope you remember your loved ones especially those who died in battle. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment