Thursday, May 16, 2019

In Gig Harbor An Interesting Thing Happened





On Tuesday late afternoon I went to a friend’s birthday party at a local establishment. I wasn’t sure how many people I would meet that I already knew. It turned out there were three people that I knew.

The interesting part I was introduced by the friend whose birthday it was to a woman who turned out knew my sister in school. My sister is eight and a half years older than me so I don’t know many of her friends she had in school. We had a couple of girls that lived next door who were around my sister’s age. I met another of her classmates last year when taking mother to the hair salon for an appointment. I have known my sister mainly as an adult. I was only nine when she went off to college. This gal not only knew my sister she said they hung out together along with another gal.

Another thing happened after leaving the birthday party I stopped by my regular coffee shop I attend just to get a drink for a moment. I saw a gal that I knew as a child who attended the same church I did at the time. I see her maybe half a dozen times a year at the most.

From a short distance, she acknowledged seeing me and saying “hi Herb”. She was with another woman who wanted to know who I was. It turned out to be her younger sister who is three years older than me. The younger sister jumps out of her seat and runs over to me. Gives me a hug after telling me who she is; this woman I hadn’t seen since I was around seventeen years old or so.

What amazing things happening over a period of an hour and a half. To meet a woman who knew my sister growing up and then another woman who knew me when I was growing up.

Another thing while talking for a few minutes we realized our dads went to the same high school as well. Neither one went to church often only our mothers most of the time. The two sister’s father was a year younger than mine so I am sure they knew each other though it was a big school.

Quite amazing when destiny steps in during a time when the odds are against it; if I hadn’t gone to the birthday party or stopped at the coffee shop I would never have seen the three ladies at all. Life can be interesting, to say the least.  

No comments:

Post a Comment