Tuesday, May 14, 2019

The Spiritual Side


Though we are natural being there is a spiritual side to us as well. Other words, we are spiritual beings as well.

God said that he created us in his image, and he is spiritual. Right now we live in the natural realm; however, there is a spiritual realm as well.

We can tap into the spiritual realm. It begins with prayer and meditation. It is interesting we think positive about prayer but because of different religious groups, we think negative about meditation.

Actually, God wants us to meditate. So if you are not used to praying or meditating I recommend starting by doing so for a couple minutes than to five minutes. After a while, you go for longer periods of time.

You may ask because I haven’t prayed or meditated before how do I start?   I would start by being silent for two minutes to see where that leads.

The first time two minutes can feel like a long time as well. The second time you can do the same thing once again. At some point in you can pray. Ask God for something either for yourself or a friend or family member.

I am sure the journey will be interesting going into the spiritual realm too. I have to confess that I don’t do a lot of praying or meditating myself or at least I don’t take a lot of time.

I believe we all pray and meditate more than we realize; however, taking a couple minutes a day to begin without any distractions will change our lives. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment