Sunday, June 2, 2019

Shocking News


On Saturday I read news about a couple ladies that I was in school with passed away. I don’t know the details on their deaths but both too young to die.

One of the gals was in my class and I hadn’t seen here in years though still lived in the area. Her older brother passed away a couple or so years ago to. I would say probably at the same age; sadness for their families.

The other gal is a couple years younger than me. I didn’t know as well though I knew who she was. I knew her husband who is a year younger than me much better. I have seen them both around town over the years. He is running a business that his father started. I am so sorry for his loss and their family.

It shows we have to do the best we can today because tomorrow is never promised. We should never put off or on hold our purpose in our lives. Not just because of us but those around us.

I am sure both of these ladies had an impact on their families and friends. I will surely miss them to though as I said I didn’t see much of them over the years.

Saturday night I went to a retirement and wedding anniversary party for a couple I know. We are the same age though I didn’t grow up with either one. They came to Washington State 22 years ago from California. I consider them good friends.

The party was much fun hearing from their children about the impact they were on them. It will be interesting to see where their lives go and what their purposes are during this next chapter of life.

He and I have plans to go to a Seattle Mariners game in late July. In fact, we plan to go to a day game which we have never done together before. The week before the game he will be biking with his son from Seattle to Portland. This is an event they have participated together for several years. The ride takes two days and covers 200 miles. His wife or one of his daughters will drive and pick them up in Portland to return home.  In August he and his wife will take a trip to California to see family and old friends. This time he doesn’t have to worry how much vacation time it will take.

So enjoy today as it is and I hope you have many tomorrows ahead as well. God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment