Thursday, July 4, 2019

Happy 4th Everyone


Here in USA we celebrate July 4 for this date as we received our independence from England in 1776. We have to thank all the men and women who lost their lives then plus those since to keep the freedoms we have.

I know to there are those who don’t feel free for different number of reasons; however, the USA is still freer than any other nation on the earth though not perfect. Although I don’t agree with some people’s lifestyle they still have the right and freedom to live that way long as it isn’t against the law.

Why I am thinking about this day we celebrate with fireworks tonight I am going over the memories I had as a child learning the history of this fine nation. I remember to the poem “Paul Revere’s Ride” by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.  This poem is one of the most read in USA history too. When I was thirteen we had to memorize it in school. I decided to read it this morning after so many years. I still can’t believe I actually memorized that poem.



I am not sure that I read any of Longfellow’s other poems. I figure it is due time.  I figure that I will learn something which we all should do.


Let freedom and peace reign in your life today. Though you may not be an American think of yourself as one today; Amen!




No comments:

Post a Comment