Saturday, July 20, 2019

Unusual July




When it comes to the weather here in Western Washington I don’t remember a July like this one.

On Wednesday, July 17 we had a downpour between three and four o’clock in the afternoon. I was prepared with my rain jacket because I had heard the weather forecast. If you happened to be someone not hearing the forecast you would be very surprised by the rain.

We don’t usually get rain in July and if we do it is very little since the average is around .2 inches for the month. We had rain the Wednesday before as well on the 10th. It wasn’t the downpour we had this week but I am sure it might have made the monthly average.

So anyone asks you how your summer is here in Western Washington I am sure the response be “what summer?”.

We have had the sun come out for some of July though rain and cloudy days have been more of the norm. Most days the sun has come out in the afternoon so understandable about no summer. The temperatures have mainly been in the upper 60’s.

This coming week though summer does look like it will arrive for now anyway. The temperatures will hit eighty a couple times. This is good for me anyway. I am not a fan of temperatures hitting the high 80’s or 90. The good thing it doesn’t happen often though it has done so more times in recent years.

Whatever the case even the weather has been unusual for July I will enjoy my time the best I can. Always looking to spread my purpose around; this is the point anyway. Enjoy today as it is the only day that happens. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment