Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Ready For Fall?




Now school is back in session it reminds me of fall. It is one of my favorite times of the year.

I remember playing flag football which must have been sixth grade because parents didn’t want us to get hurt. I caught a pass for a touchdown. The main reason the kid covering me wanted to tackle me instead of pulling my flag. He wasn’t big enough to do so while at the same time his teammates were yelling “pull his flag.”

In junior high, my neighborhood friends and I played football at the city park. We all lived real close to the park so we played almost every day after school. I caught a lot of passes because I was the tallest and one of the fastest kids in the neighborhood. We played tackle football though our parents thought we were playing touch football. We wanted to be real men.

Another reason I like fall is the changing colors of the trees. Just like in spring they are so beautiful. I liked the rain to though it does get tiresome after a while.

What is great living in the Pacific Northwest we have all four seasons. Some places go from summer to winter back to summer. Winter isn’t always as cold or we lack the snow but we do have it.

There is something good for all the seasons. They each have something to look forward to every year. I feel so blessed to live in the Pacific Northwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment