Sunday, September 22, 2019

Comfortable In Our Own Skin

There are different factors that make who we are.  When and where we live are two of them.

I was born growing up before the technology we have today. Also, I lived here in Gig Harbor, Washington a small town. It has grown quite a bit since I was a child but it is still a small town. Technology has changed how we live as well.

Another factor is my family. I grew up in a family that loved each other though we didn’t always communicate that way. I had a hearing problem at a young age so I didn’t start talking normally anyway until I was five years old. My parents encouraged me to be me instead of trying to be someone else. They loved me for being me. I considered myself fortunate.

Mother would take my brothers and me to church each Sunday.  We really didn’t learn to have a relationship with God. I didn’t get that until I was 17 years old.

For me growing up was playing a sport like baseball, basketball, football, and tennis. I was interested in all four sports.

I have always had a good sense of humor as well. I didn’t get into academics like my two brothers. My older brother Dick was very smart, especially in math. He wasn’t really into sports though we played tennis together. He enjoyed chess and other board games. Our younger brother Jack had the same interests as Dick as well as with me.  He played football, wrestling, baseball, and tennis.

Loving others first have to begin with loving ourselves. We can’t love others if we can’t love ourselves. So we have trouble in that area we need to become more comfortable in our own skin. Amen!

                                          Gig Harbor, Washington 

No comments:

Post a Comment