Tuesday, February 11, 2020

An Interesting Meeting

Yesterday afternoon a woman came up to me while waiting for coffee. We chatted for several minutes. She is moving to Sacramento, California to be near her parents who are in their 80s. Her father is still working.

She didn't tell me how long she has lived in Gig Harbor, however, the apartment she was living in is being renovated so almost everyone has moved out. Only a few left in her unit. She told me she will not be able to afford the new rent of the place or for that matter at other apartment buildings. I am not surprised since she is by herself.

She has a daughter and a grand daughter living in Port Townsend which is about an hour and a half drive north on the Olympic Peninsula so she will be back in the area on occasion to visit. I wished her the best when leaving.

I thought after she left it would have been nice to have met her before. It was one of those moments we can cherish when meeting another person. Another good reason to be open to our life purpose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment