Thursday, February 27, 2020

Sequim Washington

On Wednesday afternoon while having a break
with a caregiver watching my mother I was in
my favorite coffee. A couple of the guys told
the barista that they were from Sequim.

One of them was with his daughter while the
other had been in the area on business. It made
me realize it has been a while since I have been
to Sequim, and I haven't written about the place
either for maybe a year.. Last year about this
time having a good snow storm Sequim had
about 18 inches of snow. I am not sure whether
it had happened before because Sequim averages
less than ten inches of rain a year so that amount
of snow is unusual.

Many of people living in Sequim are retired because
of the little amount of rain it has. Also, it I looks
overwater as well. Gig Harbor where I live is the
gateway to the Olympic Peninsula. To get to Sequim
you head north passing Bremerton then to the Hood
Canal Bridge. It is an hour drive to the bridge than
crossing the Bridge it is about another hour to get to
Sequim.

Sequim is known for the Olympic Game Farm which
is very famous for having animals that star in movies
especially for Disney. Also, the Dungeness Spit is
nearby known for the Dungeness Crab. One of my
favorite seafood.

I don't remember how old I was but as a child we
visited Sequim, the game farm and Dungeness Spit.
I remember my older brother walking to the end
of the Dungeness Spit. My younger brother and I
not being patient as young kids wanted to go eat
crab and we were not sure when our older brother
would return  so that is exactly what our parents and
us did less than my older brother. We did save crab
for him. On the way back to pick him up he was
walking along the side of the road. Had that happened
to me I would have panicked but he had no worries
that we would come back for him.

So if you come to the Olympic Peninsula Sequim is
a place you have to see. The Olympic Mountain range
is not far from Sequim along with the Olympic Rain
Forest. It would be a journey you wouldn't forget.


No comments:

Post a Comment