Monday, March 9, 2020

Overwhelming

Friday morning my mother passed away. A week ago
I knew her time would end one of these days for she
was 99 years old after all.

A week ago in the morning we were talking she
complained about her legs when the nurse came
for her scheduled visit.

We didn't know this was probably the beginning
of the end or at least close to it.

All day we were talking when she wasn't sleeping
but at night when taking her to bed she fell her
face into the walker. I had to walk her the rest
of the way.

I still didn't know what the next few days ahead
would be like. She passed away in peace and in
sleep.

Though I had been thinking what would be like
when she was gone it is now overwhelming.

I will be busy for a month or two along with
the grieving process then transitioning into
my new purpose. The journey will be interesting
for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment