Sunday, April 19, 2020

Adventure

What we remember as children were the
adventures we went on. At least I know
that I remember several anyway.

My greatest adventure was when our
family went across Canada and eastern
USA for the summer In fact, you can go
back into the archive where one of my
earliest writings was about that trip.
My brother Jack and I still talk about
it on occasion.

Of course, I had other adventures as well.
I remember my friend Gary who lived
up the street he and his dad built a
treehouse for him.

Gary and I spent many of times in that
treehouse. We both loved baseball so
we were at the age where we collected
baseball cards.

Gary and I would look at our cards
talking about the players on those cards.
We would look at duplicates of the
same cards we had to see if the other
had the card at all. Often we would
trade the duplicate cards.

I was in boy scouts as well. My idea
of adventure was going on hikes in
August. It was tough on the hikes
but enjoyable with my scout friends.

I think adventure can lead into our
purpose of life. We can tell others
what we went through and they
can tell us their stories as well.
During the tough times these
stories can help us through. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment