Monday, August 17, 2020

Another Time To Listen



I was looking at one of my posts from
September of 2017 so almost three years
ago.

What I wrote about was the national anthem
being played at the NFL games and the players
kneeling. 

As we can see times haven't changed
a lot in this time. We still need to listen.
With the pandemic and then the shooting
in Minneapolis of a black man then the
whole Black Lives Matter.

I find it interesting the Black Lives Matter
has turned into more of a political issue.
It is still important to listen to one another,
however, let's not put politics into it. I 
suppose there are those will say politics
will always come into situations like this
but I don't really think it has too.

If you are white and you have a friend who
is of another color it might be a good idea
to sit down and talk about what is going on.
Actually let's go further and say you are
any color sit down with someone with 
someone who is different whether it is 
color or have other issues. We all have
a story to tell.

I am white, however, I haven't always been
treated well especially by those who are
white. I grew up in a small town made up
of over 90 per cent white. I am not sure
they were racist or not this is just how it
was. My parents never told to treat someone
of another color or race different than I would
any of the same color.

The truth is we don't know anyone else's 
story so let's sit down and listen. Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment