Friday, August 28, 2020

Strange Things Happen


I am sure we all have had issues we haven't
liked when it comes to wearing masks. Of
course, breathing is right up at the top of
the list I presume.

I find recognizing people is a problem 
wearing a mask. Many people I do 
recognize though on occasion I don't.

Not recognizing someone on Thursday
was stranger than anything I could make
up. 

I went to the pharmacy to pick up a couple
of prescriptions as well as getting my flu
shot. It took a little longer to wait for the
shot than normal. In part, there were more
people getting shots than I have seen before.
Usually I am the only one or one other person.
 
Anyway I was last of several people to get
my shot probably why it took longer.  I talked
to a gentlemen before me saying wow this is
taking longer. He told me he had been waiting
for an hour and a half.  I wasn't even half that
time though I wondered why we had wait 
several minutes for the pharmacist to get 
back to the two of us since the previous two
people were take care of quickly.

Ok to make the story shorter. About an hour
after getting home I received a message on
social media. It was from a friend I grew up
with. He said it was really good to see you
today Herb. I thought he saw me today. It 
turned out the guy who had waited for the
hour and half was someone I had gone to
school with but we hadn't seen each other
for some time.

He said he didn't recognize me but realized
it was me when my name was called. To be
honest I wasn't paying attention other than
hearing my name so I didn't hear his name
being called which now I had. Actually it
was a mix up by the pharmacist but I won't 
get into it.

Had it not been needing to wear the mask
there would have been a better chance of
me recognize him or he at least would have
recognized my face or at least my voice.

Anyway, this is why it is so strange to me.
I hope I am able to see him again. He recently
moved back to Washington state from Georgia.

Until next time  have yourself a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment