Saturday, August 29, 2020

Going Back In Time

One of the barista's at the coffee shop I go
to was hanging out while not on her shift.

I teased her initially saying she spends all
her money she makes working on coffee 
and doughnuts. She laughed and said it was
true. 

Later when I was about to leave I said wow
three different guys sitting at your table.
She told me two of them are neighbors and
the third which she came in with is her
boyfriend. I told her it made sense.

It made me go back in time thinking when 
I was her age which is 17 the girls I spent
most of my time with were neighbors as well.

There were four of them. We got on the bus
at the same spot at least in high school anyway.
One of the girls was in my class while two 
were older and one younger. 

The one in my grade I had some classes with
her to so more time with her than the others.
Made me remember though saw other students
those in the neighborhood spent more time with.

Two of those four gals still live in the area at least
I think so though I haven't seen them for a while.
One got married and moved to Spokane on the 
other side of the state and the fourth one I don't 
know. I will have to ask someone I see semiregular
who was in her class whether he has seen her or
at least at reunions.

It is always nice to think about those you grew up
with. They are still special in your heart. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment