Thursday, September 17, 2020

A Very Long Day

Wednesday was a very long day, however,
it was worth it.

I drove to Oak Harbor located on Whidbey
Island. It is 140 mile drive from my home
in Gig Harbor Washington. 

The interesting part of the trip was having
fog all the way. Not all on the freeway but
on the side of the road for sure.

The worst fog was north of Seattle until 
getting off the exit in Burlington to go
west.  It is  a little under a three hour 
drive with making one stop.  It is about
an hour from Burlington to Oak Harbor.

The air quality has been terrible in the 
whole western part of the state for over
a week. I couldn't tell how much smoke
was involved.  In Oak Harbor my cousin
Peg, her husband Cal and I couldn't tell
there was any smoke at all.

We visited Fort Casey where they have
some old guns that have been there since
1890. They became obsolete by the time
World War 1 happened. They have just
two guns on display while back in 1890
they had eight guns. 

The lighthouse nearby the fort was fogged
in when we arrived, however, after visiting
the guns it was cleared off. We still couldn't
see the water though which is where the Strait of
San De Fuca is. 

This whole area is a wonderful place to visit.
If you have time a good place to visit. I will
be posting pictures on my blog Herb's Look
or Instagram, or Facebook.

It was really  good time catching up with Peg
and Cal as well. In the mid-afternoon we looked
over some old pictures she had. 

I headed back home at 6 pm the fog wasn't as
much on the return trip. I arrived at home at
9 pm.  I look forward to my next trip there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment