Thursday, October 29, 2020

Fasting

Right now I have a few hours left in a short fast.
I am fasting before having blood being taken to
check to see where my cholesterol level is at.

Usually my cholesterol level is within range. 
The important thing next is to find out what
things not to eat or say not as much to keep
or stay in range.

There are a number of reasons people fast 
whether for several hours like I am or for 
a few days or even a few weeks.

Some fast for how I am doing it while others
for spiritual reasons. The hardest time is the
first couple days after that it does get easier.

I have never gone on a long fast primarily
for my health and it be difficult as well.

There are different kinds of fasts as well.
Other words you can fast off certain foods
or drinks. For example, you could stop 
drinking sodas for a period of time or
deserts. 

Besides fasting spiritually it can be for
health reasons. Maybe you have to go
into surgery and fasting may help you
in that regard as well.

Going on a long fast is something that
should be gradual. Also, a good idea to
ask your doctor as well especially if you
have had health issues.

Remember it is important to continue
drinking water if you are fasting off of
all foods. I have been on short fasts where
I only have soup as well as water.

You do decide to fast I wish you the best.
Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment