Friday, December 25, 2020

Boxing Day

 I hope everyone was blessed on Christmas Day.

Now for those in England, Canada, Australia,
and New Zealand you celebrate Boxing Day.
I sure hope I didn't miss a country.

Many years Mom had celebration at home
having visitors for Boxing Day. Usually 
there were four or five couples over. Every
year the people were different. Not often
would she have the same people joining in.

I guess you could say she made it special
since who she invited was not used to what
she was celebrating which made it even better.

Mom was raised in Canada so she made
Boxing Day very special. It was her favorite
holiday to bring visitors over.

I miss you mom this was the first one without
her. I know there will be many more as well.
She was a special lady. Those who met her
liked her. She had stories to tell as well. She
would tell poems from many years ago.

So I salute Boxing Day to you Mom. You
kept it alive for so many years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment