Thursday, February 11, 2021

Winter Arrival

The calendar says it is winter, however,
here in Western Washington it is arriving
on Thursday. Actually already here, but
we are expecting some snow.

How much snow depends where you live.
Where I live I don't expect as much as 
some other areas. I live near the water
so may get two or three inches sometime
on Thursday.

Some other places north of us might 
get a winter wonderland by having as
much as thirteen inches.

We are expecting snow as early as this
morning, however, more likely Thursday
afternoon and evening. We may have
more snow on Friday well as on Sunday.

A lot of people don't look forward to 
having snow. The main reason we have
a lot of hills so if you live at the bottom
of the hill it can be hard to get your car
out.

I live where it is flat so I can get out
pretty easily. Originally I was going
to go grocery shopping on Friday but
I decided I should Thursday. I wouldn't
be surprised I see a lot of other shoppers
too.

Wednesday I took a trip to Port Ludlow
and Port Hadlock. They are both just
across the Hood Canal Bridge. It takes
me about an hour to get to the bridge.

This actually was the first time I had
been to both places. I had seen the
exit sign before going to Port Townsend
which I have done several times. 

Port Ludlow is the first exit after getting
off highway 101. Port Hadlock is like
ten miles down the road from Port Ludlow.
Neither place is big. They both have Yacht
Clubs and they each have condos well as
homes. Port Ludlow has a golf course too.

Actually I have heard commercials for years
about playing golf at Port Ludlow. Now I
can say I have been to these two places in
my home state to.

It is amazing where you see signs for places
on the highway or freeway but you actually
never visit them. I figure there will be more
places I will want to stop at in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment