Friday, March 12, 2021

Being Broke

The other day I had a young lady decide to
follow me on social media which has been
going on a lot lately for a lot of people.

I don't mind being followed by anyone any
age as long as they don't message me. The 
problem is I am getting a lot of messages
from young ladies which I try to ignore for
the most part.

I found it interesting what she said on her
profile. She said how many friends would
you have if you tell that your broke. I am
not sure she is scamming or not however 
if she is then she is using reverse psychology.

What she said made me think. She is right
in our world today if you told people you
are broke you likely won't have as many
friends and the ones you do are valuable
because they don't care whether you have
much or not.

I have mentioned before about gifts and talents
that is where we can be rich in this world as
well as the next. We can give encouraging
words to people everything will be alright.

I thought about the young rich ruler in the
Gospels where he told Jesus he followed the
ten commandments. Jesus asked him to sell
all his possessions. The young rich ruler went
away as it said because he had great wealth.

I wonder if he knew the one he was talking to
would give him more than all the wealth he had
or ever have being more valuable than money
or gold or silver or whatever form he had his
riches in. 

We have to remember riches take a lot of 
responsibility and time. In the same manner
our gifts and talents can too. Something for
all of us to think about. Have a great weekend
and may it be a blessing to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment