Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Always Interesting People

Late afternoon I went to my favorite
coffee shop after my doctor's appointment
before heading home.

I sat at a table with three benches. It
used to be five before covid restrictions.
Anyway there was a women who was
sitting at the other end of the table. 

What was interesting she was doing
fractions. You don't see adults doing
fractions very often. In fact I am not
sure when the last I every did.

I said to her so you are working on
fractions. Like me she has a good
sense of humor and laughed. She
then told me is going to school to
be an elementary teacher. I said 
that makes sense you are doing
fractions because I don't see adults
doing that very often.

So struck up our conversation until
a young man who I have talked to
on occasion. He is an interesting guy
for sure. For the most part he is quiet
though was willing to talk.

First said hello to the gal and then
to me. He and I got into conversation
while she went back to doing her
fractions. 

The young man is a long shoreman
who has put in overtime recently 
though not today. He had come 
from working out at one of the 
local health clubs. 

Anyway we got into conversation
about the stock market especially
it had gone down on Monday. He
mentioned about losing some money
after just investing in a particular
company. 

He is a wise young man as he said
though he lost money today he is
in for the long haul and has many
years of him ahead to invest. Also,
he said one of his stock had gone 
down at the end of the day it had
gone back up where it had been.

The coffee shop was going to be
closing in a few minutes so I said
to them both how much I enjoyed
chatting with them and have  a
good evening see you next time.

While was leaving the two of them
got back to chatting. What a great
way to spend between thirty and
an hour of time with two different
people who are different ages from
me as well as one another.

Now today I will be back at the
same coffee shop. I will see and
talk to some of the same regulars
and to see who maybe new to the
coffee shop or someone I haven't
seen in a while. This always makes
the day worthwhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment