Friday, July 9, 2021

Freedom Of Speech

Here in United States we are blessed
in our country to have freedom of
speech provided to us in our Constitution.
Many countries people don't have the
same privelege.

There are those who believe we will
lose some of our freedoms including
freedom of speech. I am not sure we 
will lose the privelge of doing so, how-
ever, some special interest groups will 
make it hard to do so. 

These days I am not on social media
as much as I used to be because of
people giving their opinions on politics.
Everyone has a right to give their
opinion but I have the right not to
hear or read  what they have to say.

I believe there are those who are called
to speak out on social issues on a regular
basis whether I agree with what they 
have to say or not. Where I have trouble
is those I don't think do and they still 
go ahead and do it. Of course, they have
the right to their opinion, however, my
belief is that they don't have to speak out
every single day on social media the same
thing over and over again. This is especially
in the area of politics. They do have the 
right but I have right not to listen or read
as well. This includes those who I agree
with as well.
 
When it comes to freedom of speech there
is wisdom of using and watching your words
carefully as well. There will be those who
may hate you for what you are saying while
others will respect what you have to say
even though they may not agree. 

So take your freedom of speech and use it
really wisely. Be a voice where people need
to hear it. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment