Monday, August 28, 2023

Sharing One Another

I feel living my life of purpose is to share
myself  with as many people as  possible. 

I am almost sure sharing ourselves a lot
of that has to do with the culture you live 
in.

I am sure some if not many of you come
from a different  culture than mine. You
may look at your purpose different  than 
I  do.

In the United States we live a lot to do
with independence.  Here in Washington 
state we probably  do more than any place
else.

I live in in a small town so how we live
is different  than  the  big city like Seattle.
Small towns generally  more layed  back
then a city like Seattle.  When I go to Seattle 
which isn't  often I  feel as though I am in 
another country. It doesn't  mean it is bad 
just different. 

I was taught by my parents  to be independent.
That can be good or bad depending on who you
are. I like being around people so being independent 
in my mind isn't  always good. Growing up
 in the small town I could go anywhere I wanted.
The town now is more than twice as big though
still small compared to many other places. 

These days parents wouldn't allow their children 
to go anywhere they wanted like in my day. I  
pretty much went to the same places.  I  didn't  
go out of the neighborhood much except going 
to school. We didn't have buses so I  had to walk 
most everywhere I wanted to go.

Though independence  still runs in me to some degree
I  enjoy seeing other people  as much as possible. I
don't  want  to  keep to myself that much. When I  am
by myself  sometimes  drives me crazy or I  feel lonely.  
Not all the time but more than what I  want to be.

The who thing about sharing  ourselves  with others
besides the culture we live in is how vulnerable we want
to be. I know a woman in one of my church home groups
knows her life purpose  is to care for others, however 
she finds it to be vulnerable to share her life with others.
She admits she enjoys being alone with herself and
her husband. 

Often being vulnerable  means you might get hurt 
and people don't  like that. Still important to be 
vulnerable even if it is to a small selected group. 
This is where healing can happen. Amen! ❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment