Friday, October 20, 2023

My Home Town

There is something  about our
home town even if we no longer
life there.

There is or was a purpose  to
our home town no matter how
long living there.

Foe me is a great place to grow
up. We lived on waterfront the
waterfront  that my grandfather 
Nightingale  bought about one
hundred years ago. We no longer
own it as my parents sold it in
1988. I do look over from town 
whenever I  drive or walk.

The population  has grown 
double  since I  have become
an adult however I  still think
about  the good old days. It
still a small town and that part
of it will never change. Much
of the growth  is outside the 
town too.

They really  need to expand the
highway that  hasn't  changed 
since I  was a child. At least they
need to add one more lane each
direction. 

My dad was really into sailing. We
had three sailboats of different sizes.
Dad enjoyed racing as well.  It is
always fun seeing boats out in the
Harbor. 

One thing hasn't  changed  either is
the teenagers going into the big city
of Tacoma or Seattle  when the opportunity 
arises. That is what happens when
living in and around a small town. 







No comments:

Post a Comment