Sunday, November 19, 2023

Gorgeous Weekend

Hello  I  hope you are having a gorgeous 
weekend.  The last few days  it was sunny
though a little  cold too. Rain came back
Saturday  night. 

I know  there are places where it is already 
Monday so I  hope the weekend was good
and the week  starts out well. 

Saturday  morning  after the gym and driving
down the waterfront there where medium 
size boats that were racing. Actually  they
were crawling since there was no wind. 
Going out of the mouth of the harbor often 
there is no wind. 

Outside the harbor  there was no wind either.
I figured it was going to be a long race. I  hope
the wind did pickup so it would be a good 
race eventually.

It brought back memories when I  went racing
or just sailing with my dad. I  remember it was
not much fun as a teenager. Dad loved it so
he could find a way to win the race. I  suppose 
it was like a chess match. Dad always checked
to see the tides each day so when he went out
racing  he could take advantage over the other
racers. It must have worked  since he often won
though not all the time. 

Dad started sailing  around the age of sixteen. I know
he and his brother  built  their first boat at sixteen.
The only  thing  Dad loved more than sailing was his
family. I  was able to benefit  for that.

I will  pray that things go well  for  you  today. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment