Monday, January 20, 2014

Being Champions


For those of us that are Seattle Seahawks it was a really good weekend; they beat the San Francisco 49ers yesterday 23-17, and now on to the Super Bowl to play the Denver Broncos.  I know some of you may root for other teams, don’t care about football, or any other sport; however, I know everyone has something they are interested in, and passionate  about whether they are books, movies, or etc.  So we root for something beyond ourselves.  I have been a sports fan for as long as I remember; I am not sure why, and I am sure most of us don’t know the exact answer; it is ok that is that way. It could be for entertainment, or the competition juices within me. The reason I am saying this is that we can all learn something from the Seahawks these coming weeks; I will go through this I believe in more than one writing.

First of all we are all part of a team.  I have written about purposes, and making changes this year to help fulfill the purposes. So the team we first belong to is ourselves; we are made up of many parts that work together, and that is what a team must do.  If one of the parts isn’t working right than we feel sick, and must take something to correct it. For example, my cousin Mike Shaw had a skiing accident a week before Christmas in which he had surgery on his neck, and now he is going through rehab to get all his parts working together again.  Of course, if some part totally shuts down unfortunately we die.  Also, we are all given talents as well to work together as well. Another team we are part of is our family, and friends. I consider everyone who reads my blog is part of the team whether we don’t know each other very well or not.  Each one of us plays an important part no matter how large or small.

Right now I am going to leave it at this; however, I want you think about your teams, and how you are part of team that is made to be a champion. I know not everyone has that mentality; in fact, I would say I deal with it every day both negative, and positive. I want all of us to have a positive mentality. I think of the song by Queen “We are the Champions”.  I have more points which I will bring up in more writings. Spend now the time thinking how you are part of a team.  I think this is really exciting.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment