Friday, January 17, 2014

My nephew Ken


Hello Everyone I hope you have had a wonderful weekend. This is my second try because when I began the electricity decided to go out for few minutes. I decided to write about my nephew Ken, to honor him, since tomorrow is his birthday. He is my sister Barb’s eldest, and my oldest among nephews and niece. He is five years older than his younger brother Connor.  They are much different; however, they complement each other very much.

Ken lives in Quebec and works as an IT for a national telephone company.  They do keep him busy quite a bit of the time; however, he does enjoy the work most of the time.  He reminds me a lot of my older brother Dick, who passed away, and I wrote about before.  He says that he learned a lot from Dick, and wanted to pattern his life after.  I would say he could not have chosen a better person to do so.  His family moved to Quebec from Port Moody, British Columbia when he was nine or ten. So I was able to see more of him when he was very young especially at Christmas time, and other holidays. He and Connor would see a lot of Dick in Quebec since Dick lived in New York City until his death.

So I remember Ken a lot as I say when he was young beginning with being a baby. Of course, like most babies he was quite cute. When he was almost two years old the family went shopping at the Tacoma Mall for Christmas. We each took turns looking after Ken while everyone else shopped. He found a pay phone at the mall which he talked on for several hours. No one was on the end of the call, but Ken was on a long conversation. I am not sure who his imaginary friend was but he certainly was having a great time.  When he was three years old his father Bob took him into an electronics store and the employee helping him promised the place was child proof.  Well Ken within five minutes had everything going; so much for child proof.  Living in Quebec Ken is bi-lingual speaking fluent French as well; he uses it quite a bit with his job as well.  It has been quite a while since I have been to Quebec; however, I hope to be able to travel there within the next couple years as well.  Another thing Ken loves is puns. I believe it is a family trait. I certainly enjoy puns with the best, and can’t wait the day to use one.  My mother’s father had quite a sense of humor, and enjoyed puns as well.  There are a number of family members who enjoy puns so I would say it has been going on my mother’s side of the family at least for several centuries I expect.  Outside of work, Ken has recently started exercising at a local health club, and is doing quite well.  Ken is single, and I am sure many friends along with family, are rooting him on to find a special lady friend. I will leave it at that.  I am proud to call him my nephew along with the rest of them. He has turned into quite a fine young man. So to honor him Happy Birthday Ken! Everyone have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment