Monday, January 13, 2014

It's Monday


I hope everyone had a good weekend.  Now it is back to being Monday.  What I am going to write about someone will say Herb it is Monday and why are you writing about it. Monday is the reason to write about it or we could have a long week.

I decided to write about laughter.  If you are an NFL football fan rooting for the Seahawks, 49ers, Patriots, and Broncos you are likely laughing for at least another week unless you take your football very seriously.

I did a little research, and found that babies laugh 200 to 300 times a day while adults laugh between 15 and 20 times a day. The so –called experts say it has to do with the brain; I think we need to loosen up and laugh a lot more. Other words we need not take life so seriously.  Maybe we need to do more rooting during the week. It doesn’t have to do with a sport necessarily, but something that we enjoy doing, or maybe the children. It is amazing how parents take something their kids are doing really seriously as well.  Whether it is little league, or ballet; we need to enjoy things more.  Maybe one thing we can do is when coming home from work when in traffic instead of road rage scream at the top of our lungs, or laugh out loud even if there is nothing to laugh about. Of course, we can make up our own jokes, or remember some from the past. The so-called experts say laughing releases stress and how many of us go through that on a regular day.

Another thing would be for us to sing. I was told by my mother that I did a lot of singing when I was a child. Other than singing in church I don’t do a lot of singing. Maybe we can combine both singing and laughing. If we do it in the car people will just think we are crazy which they probably already think anyway. Even if you sing out of tune no one else will know.

Since I have been writing about change and purpose it is important we are happy as well. If the so-called experts say it has to do with our brains than we should ask for a new brain or expand our current brain. Something to think about; Ha-ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment