Tuesday, April 22, 2014

One Month Oso and more

Today April 22, 2014 one month after the tragedy of a mudslide in Oso, Washington happened now President Obama plans to visit the site before going on to Asia.

On Monday April 21, 2014 the running of the Boston Marathon occurred a little more than year after the bombing.

Boston a large city and Oso a very small community on two different coasts had a tragedy that took only a few seconds to take lives and change lives forever.  Instead of bitterness the people of both places have risen up.  People across the county came to the aid to help both along with the people in the communities themselves and nearby.  There were tragedies before and after which had the same help of people as well. One thing tragedies do is bring people together as well as joy, peace, perseverance, and many other feelings. The biggest question still not answered in these two tragedies along with others is why. We may never know but we do work on trying the hardest never for it to happen again.

Life is like a marathon where it is not how long it takes to run the race but how you finish the race.  I would consider it tragedy where you lose one life or many more; whether young or old.  Often you remember the young ones because their lives were snatched without living to the fullest. It is like those you see that are in children hospitals as well.  What really amazes me is how strong and faithful those young ones are though they may know that they have not much time to live.

When I was four years old I was burned while cooking eggs on the stove. I spent six weeks in the hospital, and my parents for some of the time didn't know whether I would make it.  I don’t remember it happening I only know because of the scar on my chest.  Also, I had a hearing problem at the same times which turned out to be that I had wax in my ears.  Also, I remember being teased and bullying as well in school.  One of my first writings was about bullying and how to deal with it. All the experience I occurred growing up made me strong person who cares for others as well. Those who have gone or going through the tragedies of Oso and Boston or some other experience you will be strong though you will never forget. In fact I would say we will not forget.


The thing I like about most in writing this blog is if it changes just one person’s life it is worth it all. Remember we can be the best we can be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment