Sunday, May 18, 2014

Make the Best of Everything

Saturday May 17 was my birthday along with Cousin Mike Shaw.  As I have written before he has gone through a lot of rehab after a spinal injury while skiing. It happened six months ago.  Also, May 17 is Norway’s Independence Day so many places celebrate it outside Norway which includes Minneapolis, Minnesota and Poulsbo Washington.

I received a birthday card from my brother Jack that says, “The happiest people don’t have best of everything, they just make the best everything”.  Jack said that, “making the best of everything,” could be my motto.  It certainly is the spirit of this blog. Also, I was very blessed by my brother he gave me a brand new bicycle for my birthday.

So I must say that whatever we go through we must make the best of the situation.  We can’t change the circumstances of what has happened but we can learn from it, and make the best of it.  I am not saying it will be easy, but we must, otherwise, we can easily be discouraged, and become very bitter. This would make things even worse than the original circumstances. I am no expert, but I think it is important to be with close friends, and family when things happen that we did not expect, and are out of our control. I would say they would be good listeners if nothing else.  Also, it would be nice to have someone to give us a good hug.  I believe it is good that each of us get a good hug at least once a day. I know it is not always able to happen. Remember the saying that an apple a day keeps the doctor a way, I believe a hug could too.

I hope that you all have had a wonderful weekend, and you will have a really good week coming up. Also, I hope that next weekend you will have family and friends around to enjoy Memorial Day.  I give you all a great big hug through the internet. Be blessed, and make the best of everything.




No comments:

Post a Comment