Sunday, July 27, 2014

No Title





Usually I write a title before writing my blog, however, this time decided not to and write about several things.

Last weekend Gig Harbor had its annual Arts Festival along with chalk art work on the sidewalks. The chalk art work is done by adults, children, and teenagers. A lot of them are quite creative while some will take a picture, and draw from it. I am not sure how long the Arts Festival has been going on but the amount of booths seem to increase each year. I expect there were about fifty booths. Though downtown Gig Harbor in its own a great place to go, I believe the city council is trying to increase the amount of people coming downtown since most of the shopping centers are up by the highway.

Saturday night Seattle had it’s torch light parade. I am not sure how many years it has been going on but it has for many years. Several hundred thousands show up each year. It is the start up what is called Seafair. Though Seattle has several events going on during the summer Seafair is the highlight of the season. Coming up this week will be the Blue Angels who have been performing many years as well. Last year they took  time off because of the government shut down, but they will be back better than ever this year. Also, around town this week will be the Seafair Pirates. They have been around a long time since I remember them when I was a kid. They were part of the torch  light parade as well along with visiting hospitals and other parades throughout the year. Seafair ends with the Hydroplane races on Sunday. It is a great time to visit Seattle, and children remember for many years.

This last week the weather was not the best with some rain, and lower temperatures. Having the forest fires in north-central and eastern Washington the rain was needed. Now the temperatures for the next week will be back to normal for summer. Most of the time Western Washington has the lowest temperatures in the country primarily in the 80s. I consider it ideal weather.

Baseball with only about fifty games remaining, and football training camp starting means summer is coming real close to the end. I was asked that on Saturday if I was looking forward to football. I said yes in some ways but it means baseball, and summer are close to coming to the end. Also, commercials for school shopping will be starting within a few days. For me summer was always the best time of the year. I could do what I wanted to do instead of what others wanted, and expected me to do.

I hope you enjoyed this no title blog. Next time I am sure I will have a title unless I decided to go with the sequel no title part 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment