Monday, August 4, 2014

A Day in Seattle

On Aug 2 my mother and I took the Bremerton-Seattle ferry to see, and visit my brother, Jack, and two of his son’s Ian and Danny. It takes a half hour to drive to Bremerton from Gig Harbor, and then another hour to ride the ferry.

Besides watching the view seeing Seattle ahead is to see the children on the ferry. I enjoy watching kids at any time. It is amazing how they act, and having a really good time.

We were picked up by Jack, Ian, and Danny when we arrived at ferry dock. It took only a few minutes to get to Seattle Center which was good because the head space on the rental car was not good especially for Danny who sat in the middle in the back with Ian and me.

At the Seattle Center we first got tickets to go up the Space Needle. It took a few minutes to do so, however, we had to wait more than a half hour to get in line so we went to EMP museum for a little while. We were told we could go to EMP often as we wish so after about a half hour we went to the Space Needle.  I have to tell you it is expensive to go up just to watch the view. We did not have lunch at the Space Needle because you have to put in a reservation several weeks in advance. I have been told that the food is very good though. We went to the observation deck where you can walk around seeing the view all over Seattle, and Puget Sound. Another time I will show pictures.

I am not very good with heights. From ground level I got a little dizzy looking up, however, I was surprised going up the elevator to observation deck it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. On the observation deck I felt fine as well. I guess I felt fine because I knew I would not fall. We had to wait a few minutes for the observation deck because going up the elevator we heard lightning which was strange because it doesn’t happen very often. After the Space Needle we went back to EMP for our second round. It is really nice place to visit though I am not a big fan in museums in general.

At that point we were hungry for lunch. The first place we went to was closed for a private party until five so we moved on, however, the second choice there was a protest across the street so we decided go to a restaurant near where Ian is living right now in Capital Hill. It specializes in burgers so I had very good cheese burger. I have to admit it was one of the best I have ever had. After lunch we went, and had ice cream not too far away from the restaurant. Also, very good ice cream too.

The rest of the afternoon we spent at Volunteer Park which is in Capital Hill, and Gas Works Park. Both are wonderful places to visit. It was actually the first time I had ever visited either place. I especially liked Gas Works because it is right on Lake Union, and has a really good view. I would recommend going there when visiting Seattle.

We went back to the ferry dock, and mother and I returned back to Gig Harbor. It was wonderful day in Seattle. Besides the Space Needle, EMP, Volunteer, and Gas Work parks was seeing so many people from different places. Seattle has become so international far as visitors go.

No comments:

Post a Comment