Friday, August 1, 2014

Welcome to August




Welcome to the month of August. Whatever you have not accomplished this summer especially fun you have only August to accomplish it. The reason is that September means you have to go back to school.

I know that there are those children who like to go back to school; however, I was not one of them. The best part of the summer is that I could do what I wanted to do, and not what other people wanted me to do especially adults. Those children who are looking forward to go back to school are they really believe school is for their own good. It is like going to the Public Library where you are told not to talk. I am not sure who made up the rule, but I am one that does not like it. It is just like going to a golf tournament where you can’t talk either until the shot is complete. No one knows where that came in either unless you a golf historian. I prefer the coffee shop because I can read if I like, and at the same time talk. You are on your own if you are looking forward to September.

It was about six months ago one of my former classmate, and friend on FB wrote that elementary school was the longest six years of his life. I agreed especially when he listed the teachers he had in elementary school. Looking at his list I saw that I had five of the same teachers so made me realize it was true. Only one on the list I really enjoyed, and that was Mrs. Eaton in fifth grade. Mainly she understood me, and got the most out of me. Probably the only year I really wanted to be in school. She went to same church so she kept up with me even into adulthood making sure I was OK.

When I graduated from high school which was one of the best days of my life one of those handing out diplomas, and praise mentioned that there was someone who had perfect attendance all twelve years. I wondered why I would miss at least one day of school each year on principal alone. Also, how could someone go without getting sick at least once a year as well? I do not remember the person’s name but they obviously had a sheltered life.


Even if you are a child that is looking forward to going back to school next month if not for you do it for me by having a really fun August. 

No comments:

Post a Comment