Friday, August 29, 2014

The Weekend



It is amazing that this weekend is the last three day weekend of the year. Must be one of the reasons it is called Labor Day weekend. Another holiday does not occur until Thanksgiving at the end of November unless you live in Canada.

I think most families have traditions when it comes to this weekend. I know many do the same thing every year. I think it is a good idea since it is the last one of the year. It is something to enjoy and live by. So next week back to reality with school opening for most.

I know I have let most know that my experience in school, and my childhood was not a good experience in general, however, I do remember having some good times. So I want to say that if you, or your children have tough times at school whether learning, or interacting with other children I still believe it is important to have fun. Other words, it is best to make the best of all circumstances.

I believe these days it is tougher for children than it was in my days. I would say the main reason because of the internet, and cell phones. So many have cell phones with cameras so it is easy to take pictures, and I am sure kids especially like to take pictures of embarrassing moments. If this happens to your child I would encourage them, and help them under a tough situation. Also, I would speak with the parents of the child who did the action, and discipline them. I know it is not easy but the least thing the parents should be able to do is take the cell phone away from them for a period of time.

A couple weeks ago I spoke with a friend named Paul about bullying. I wrote about bullying earlier so you may want to read what I said. I usually stood up for myself under the poor circumstances so the bully would not get away with it. Paul said that he would laugh in their faces. It is important to confront, and not let the bully get away with it. It is important to tell an adult that you trust if you find it hard to speak to your parents about it.


This is my advice for you, and school. Have a wonderful weekend, and a really good rest of the year. See you on the pages again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment